Old 16-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Tim Tompkins

Black Spot is a fungal disease.

Treat it with an fungicide, insecticides are for critters.

Treatment at this point will not make the existing spots go away, it
hopefully stops the spread of the disease.

Read and follow the directions on the container!!!!!!!!

Tim

"Kim" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
hi,

i have a few rose trees in my garden that i bought a few months ago,
all seemed well at first with plenty of flowers, now alot of the leaves
have turned yellow in colour and few have black spots on the leaves.

my question is, am i not watering the plants enough and do i have to
give them more nutrients as i think my soil is not all that great, if
so how often and what type of nutrients do i need to get????

regards

james

James,

The black spots are a sign of disease. You need to get some incecticide
to spray on your leaves. I have the same thing on mine and I've sprayed
but I've not noticed that the spots are going away and I too have
problems with dropping/dying leaves. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm new at the rose growing.

Kim