Old 15-09-2005, 10:53 PM
cineman

http://www.gonegardening.com/xq/ASP/..._shop/dept.htm

http://www.gripple.com/

http://www.gripple.com/gardening/index.cfm

http://www.lbsgardendirect.co.uk/pro...RMOJRB8VJG8BN8

http://cnb-host1.clickandbuild.com/c...CategoryID=111
see the above Garden wire 100mtrs £4-99 no nail plant fixers 6 pack
£2-99 and no nail vine eyes 10 pack £2-99 I dont think you will do better
than that for the grape vine

Hope this is of some help to you
regards
Cineman

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi - can anyone suggest a good mail-order (preferably internet) source
for heavy-duty garden stakes, wall brakets, plant supports, etc?

I have old & heavy grape vines I need to support from the walls of our
house, but I can't find anything much bigger or stronger than shelf
brackets! I believe the vine should be supported about 18-24" from
the wall, and this is a problem too.

I also have a line of espalier apple trees that are gradually leaning
over and veering off in all directions. To pull them staright, I need
something better than bamboo canes and the flimsy stuff you get from
garden centres.

Can anyone help, please?

Happy gardening, Mark