Old 16-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"A&G&K&H" wrote:

I bought my hubby some potted kangaroo paw plants for father's day (from the
kids obviously) and I notice that each plant has several "pups" coming off
the main plant.

Would it be OK to pull those pups off and plant them separately when we
plant them in the garden? Or is kangaroo paw a very delicate creature that
won't take kindly to being manhandled in such a way??

It's not delicate -- the usual way to deal with them when they get bushy is to
run a mower over them. But there is probably a particular time of year to
transplant the pups and I dunno whether now is it!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.