Old 01-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Adzes?

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:23:59 +0000 (UTC), "Robert Bacon"
wrote:

I wonder if anybody remembers someone posting here about a year ago about
*Adzes* or* adzers* for digging/turning soil. They are spades or forks with
the spade bit at a right angle to the handle. I have done a google search
with no luck and wonder if anyone knows where I can buy one?
Thanks in advance,
Kathy

I'm a bit late into this thread, but in addition to mattocks you might
look under grub axes. These are used a bit like a pick axe, but with a
heavy axe-type blade on one side and a heavy mattock blade on the
other. Good for heavy work getting out tree roots etc, and often seen
on Time Team.

---
Chris