Old 16-09-2005, 02:53 PM
salgud

Diana Kulaga wrote:
Many will give their Phals about a 10 degree f drop in temp.for a couple
of
weeks.

That's the key. If you can't do that naturally, try to create a cool space
at night. You might set an ice bucket next to it, for example, or even put a
few ice cubes on top of the medium. Do this in late October/early November.
That should do it for you, providing it's getting enough light. I do
remember your description of the way this Phal is "potted". Interesting.

Diana

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give that a try this fall.
It's a beautiful plant and I love the way it's potted. I'm getting a
digital camera next month and want to start taking pics of my orchids.
I'll be sure to take a couple of pics of the Phal and post them to a
binaries site so others here can see what it looks like. It's really
great looking and is a very attractive and different way of displaying
an orchid. It's one of my favorites!