Old 16-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Reka

salgud wrote:
Diana Kulaga wrote:

Many will give their Phals about a 10 degree f drop in temp.for a couple
of
weeks.

That's the key. If you can't do that naturally, try to create a cool space
at night. You might set an ice bucket next to it, for example, or even put a
few ice cubes on top of the medium. Do this in late October/early November.
That should do it for you, providing it's getting enough light. I do
remember your description of the way this Phal is "potted". Interesting.

Diana

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give that a try this fall.
It's a beautiful plant and I love the way it's potted. I'm getting a
digital camera next month and want to start taking pics of my orchids.
I'll be sure to take a couple of pics of the Phal and post them to a
binaries site so others here can see what it looks like. It's really
great looking and is a very attractive and different way of displaying
an orchid. It's one of my favorites!

Check on your news server for alt.binaries.pictures.orchids. Many of us
participate thee as well and there are many beautiful pictures of
orchids. And always room for more! :-)

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html