Old 16-09-2005, 07:29 PM
John H.

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I just had my 20# CO2 cylinder filled up two weeks ago and the damn thing
is empty again!

I used the plastic washer (1) AND Teflon tape to be on the safe side. I
put the regulator on REAL tight, dumped the whole thing in the bathtub and
filled the tub with water to just above the fill pipe. I opened the valve
all the way and rolled the tank around a bit, being careful to keep the
gauges and solenoid out of the water. No sign of leaks.

So WTF is going on? Leaky solenoid, leaky gauge, sudden depressurization,
VERY leaky hose? Any help appreciated.

Bill,
All I can say is I had the same problem. I had to refill my 5# tank about 6
weeks ago. I used 1 washer even though the instructions on my regulator says
to use "2" washers. (btw I emaild the company as to why they say to use 2
washers, they never got back to me). Didnt even use any teflon tape this
time. For the first several days I monitored the gauges, and put small
pieces of masking tape on the guage that gives you the pressure in the tank.
If I noticed it was going down, I would unscrew the regulator and reconnect
it, if the washer was thrashed I would use a new one. I just kept doing that
until I knew it wasnt leaking. Its been running for 6weeks now and the guage
is just slightly under the 5 lbs mark which I'm attributing to just regular
use.
Not much help but I just had to monkey around with mine until it stopped
leaking, I do remember that the last time I connected the regulator I didnt
tighten it as much as I had the previous times, perahp too much tightening
was causing my problem.