Old 02-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Japanese moss

In article ,
"Jack" writes:
| "Malc" wrote in message
|
| I'm trying to create a Japanese style garden and I would like to get hold
| of some moss to cover the ground. Does anyone know where I can get some or
| spores (or whatever it is that starts moss growing) nearish to Gloucester?
|
| You may find this web site of interest
| http://www.gardensincornwall.co.uk/j...ardeninfo.htm. I suppose
| Cornwall could be described as nearish to Gloucester! I am sure they will be
| able to help you and tell you where they got their moss from.

Well, contacting them is a good idea, but moss spores are everywhere!
Given the right conditions, moss will grow with no further attention.
Given the wrong conditions, it won't, no matter what you sow.

So the first requirement is to get the conditions right.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679