Old 02-01-2003, 07:11 PM
SusieThompson

Default greengage - advice please

In message , Dwayne
writes
Good morning. No one had answered you, so I got out one of my old catalogs
and Green Gage plums do not need another type of plum to make fruit. It
also says that they are OK in zones 5 - 8. I don't know what zone you are
in, but I live in Kansas, and am in zone 5, and it can get to -20 degrees F.

You ask if it can handle very wet and very windy. As with any tree, they
don't like to have their feet wet. A lot of rain probably wont hurt them,
as long as it drains away pretty fast, but the wind might be something else.

Dwayne, thanks for the help which is much appreciated. I'll plant the
greengage in the most sheltered corner I can find, and then cross my
fingers! Happy New Year.
Regards
--
Susie Thompson
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "cloudsley.co.uk" to reply