Old 03-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Steve Harris

Default Fruit Pests and spraying

Got "The Fruit Expert" by Dr. DG Hessayon to help me look after the
recently planted apples, raspberries, gooseberries and blueberries.

Am ALARMED at the number of pests and diseases I shall be facing! It
seems the birds will eat everything, although the apples might escape.

But he prescribes spraying the apples at SIX specific times during the
year.

Is it really that grim or is the good Doctor something of a pessimist?

(He does a vegetable book as well but I don't think I dare even look at
it in the shop!)