Old 05-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Sally Thompson

Default Native Hedging

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003 23:10:27 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message 3e174094_8@server.
from "mark" contains these words:

Hi all im about to embark on a new project as im shortly moving house, and
the garden is much to be desired, I have come to the conclusion that I
really would like to create a habitat that is beneficial to the local
wildlife, my first decision is to plant up a Native hedgerow, the length of
which will be around 52meters,

Great idea. I recommend Buckingham Nurseries..but I don't have my
catalogue to hand to give you the address. You'll find it easily with a
websearch.

When you've done your garden webpages, why not contact cormaic about
joining this newsgroup's garden webpage webring? You'll find a link to
it in his sig. Welcome to urg.

Sorry to piggy back on Janet's reply, Mark, but your original posting
hasn't yet shown up on my server. We did exactly the same thing and
planted a double row of native hedge plants about March 2000 and
ordered ours from BTCV Enterprises. Although they have a web site
www.btcv.org they don't appear to take orders online for plants,
but their phone number to order a catalogue is 01302 572200, Fax 01302
310167. They do a mixed hedgerow collection of 50 plants at GBP 18.40
plus delivery. We've been very pleased with ours, although may well
extend it through a local nursery to save delivery charges.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Remove the LIZARD to email reply