Old 05-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Alan Gould

Default Forgotten bag of daff bulbs

In article , Liz
writes
I've just come across a bag of daffodil bulbs that I forgot to plant in the
autumn. Is there anything I can do with them now?

Is it worth planting them - once I've cleared the snow and hacked a hole in
the ground?
Or will they come to anything in pots? Or will they keep till next year?

Or just chuck them out?

Plant them about 6in./15cm. deep in the ground if you have a place where
they can be left to naturalise. They will probably not flower in the
first year, but they should put up some greenery by late spring. Leave
that to die back of its own accord and the plants will reward you in the
following year with good blooms.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.