Old 05-01-2003, 06:32 PM
MC Emily

Default Frost in S. Devon

We had a very hard frost last night (nr Grantham, Lincs), temperature down
to -4.5. The night before we had a thin covering of snow. Today has been
very sunny but cold. We have the river Witham running through our land and
although it's down at the moment it has been up a lot. Consequently we have
a lot of surface water. In one of the paddocks we have a large temporary
pond about 8" deep and frozen solid. Our house stands at 17m ODN and I'd
say the river has been up to about 15.5, so still a way to go before we
start to panic!! It looks like the rain has gone for a while though, thank
goodness. One plus point for us about the hard frost is that we can get the
tractor into the fields without sinking into the clay mud )

Jaqy

sacha wrote:
We had quite a bit of frost last night (Sat/Sun 4/5 Jan) The grass
was very white this morning at the front of the house and at the time
of writing which is 1250, it still. Brrrrrrr!
How's everyone else doing - no damage done, I hope?