Old 05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Simon Avery

Default Frost in S. Devon

sacha wrote:

Hello sacha

s We had quite a bit of frost last night (Sat/Sun 4/5 Jan) The
s grass was very white this morning at the front of the house
s and at the time of writing which is 1250, it still.
s Brrrrrrr!

Yes. Pretty, but horrid. I'm about half-way through my clone of your
stone circle thing at the mo and apart from yesterday this is the
first dry day for weeks. Quite frustrating to find all the stones
welded to the floor and the earth one big inseperable mass - even the
pick bounced off.

My outside hi-lo thermometer hit -10c overnight, and we've been stuck
here until mid afternoon before we dared risk driving down the hill.

Damage - tricky to tell. I know our cherry's looking distinctly droopy
this morning, had a lovely crop of blossom yesterday.

Will send some photos of the circly thing when it's done. Based on
yours, but I've also plonked a bench at the far end.

(For the benefit of other readers, Sasha's got a nice circle built
into a slope faced with stone - veritable suntrap.)