Old 06-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Mike

Default Eco' Disruption

In article , Tumbleweed fromnews@myso
ckstumbleweed.freeserve.co.uk writes

He would set up a task force to find out which bunch of international
terrorists were causing global warming.
--

Well, that'll be anyone who uses fossil fuel, directky or indirectly. Which
will be you and me typing these messages in, for example.

'anyone who uses fossil fuels'.

It is being said time and time again that anyone who uses fossil fuels
add to Global Warming. Right?

Can someone please explain to a simple bloke like me, why the
temperature of this globe didn't go sky high during the Industrial
Revolution and well into the last century?

Factories in the Midlands belching out smoke from coal fired boilers.
Kilns in the Potteries belching out smoke,
Even ships at sea. Take a look at the Grand Fleet when steaming, could
be seen for miles from the coal fired boilers.

We now have more efficient house heating methods, how often do you see a
coal fired chimney smoking on a house.

More efficient cars and commercial transport, OK more of it, but look at
a motorway hold up, dozens of cars, not much of a smoke screen over it
;-)

Are we being conned?

Mike

On a twin engined plane, if one engine fails,
There is sufficient power in the remaining engine,
To get it to the crash site.