Old 16-09-2005, 09:50 PM
A&G&K&H

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"A&G&K&H" wrote:

I bought my hubby some potted kangaroo paw plants for father's day (from

the
kids obviously) and I notice that each plant has several "pups" coming

off
the main plant.

Would it be OK to pull those pups off and plant them separately when we
plant them in the garden? Or is kangaroo paw a very delicate creature

that
won't take kindly to being manhandled in such a way??

It's not delicate -- the usual way to deal with them when they get bushy

is to
run a mower over them. But there is probably a particular time of year to
transplant the pups and I dunno whether now is it!

Ahh thanks Chookie. I'll let them get established then I'll get some joeys
off them next year.
Amanda