Old 06-01-2003, 08:21 PM
SusieThompson

Default greengage - advice please

In message , J Jackson
writes

Frost tolerant can mean several things. The Trees themselves will tolerate
a lot of frost, but if you get a heavy frost at or just after blossom time
you will get no fruit. So flowering time is important.

Plums are insect pollinated. If windy then this can mean less insects
flying around.

Thanks for the information Jim. It's going to be around next Autumn
that we move into our new house/garden, so there's time to sit and plan.
When the weather warms up a bit, I'm going to walk round the village to
see what other gardeners are growing. I shall be especially interested
in the vegetable department as well as the fruit. Happy New Year.

--
Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to