Old 05-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Jon Rouse

Default Garden mess leads to jail

In article , .
writes
People *do* get prosecuted for incorrect spraying of chemicals, as the
farmer who farms the field next to me is finding out!! 3 times I've asked
him not to allow the drift to come onto my land (we have sheep and horses
grazing), so by the 4th time I'd had enough. The HSE have taken it up and
it's going to Magistrates Court soon. Of course I doubt this will carry a
sentence, which is not what I would want anyway. More likely he'll be
heavily fined, as during their investigation they found a catalogue of
non-compliance.

You've done better than us then, when I finally tracked down the correct
department in the council they sent out someone from the Parks
department who looked at our brown hedge, and told me that glyphosphate
wasn't a systemic weedkiller and as the wood was green under the bark it
would all grow back. Of course it didn't, and as we have no idea who
farms the land (probably some overseas multinational) we have no way of
taking it further.

Jon
--
Jon Rouse