Old 16-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Bendit

"Bendit" wrote in message
Hello. I would like to know where in or around Denver I can get organic
soil ammendments to rebuild my vegetable garden.

I have been doing my own compost, but not nearly enough to replenish the
soil for next year.

This year I got screwed. I had purchased "planter's mix" from this small
company, only to find out in the middle of the season that it had ZERO
nitrogen.

I do not want to be stuck like that again next summer.

Do you think that manure and compost bags from Home Depot or Lowes would
be good at all? Now I am paranoid and want to soil test everything I see!

Thanks for any info! CHEERS!

Thank you all for your great input! I will analyze the situation and act
accordingly.

Bloodmeal eh? I already sprinkle some of that stuff in the compost that I am
making.

Thanks again, CHEERS!