Old 06-01-2003, 10:20 PM
Gary Woods

Default Garden mess leads to jail

Jon Rouse wrote:

You've done better than us then, when I finally tracked down the correct
department in the council they sent out someone from the Parks
department who looked at our brown hedge, and told me that glyphosphate
wasn't a systemic weedkiller and as the wood was green under the bark it
would all grow back

In the U.S. at least, you need to take pictures and be a pest, making sure
you got the name of the dolt who:

A: Assumed (or believed the farmer) that it was glycophosphate.
B: Thought the plant would grow back.

IIRC, glycophosphate is such a good weedkiller because it overstimulates
the plant, killing roots and all. The green wood just hadn't dried out yet
after being poisoned.