Old 08-01-2003, 11:55 AM
AWM

Default Eco' Disruption

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Alan Gould wrote:
In article , Tumbleweed fromnews@myso
ckstumbleweed.freeserve.co.uk writes

Well, that'll be anyone who uses fossil fuel, directky or indirectly.

Which
will be you and me typing these messages in, for example.

Agreed.

You mean your computer isn't pedal-powered? :-)

The Intel Pentium is actually a central heating booster --- more seriously
in large office blocks the explosion in the number of computers has had a
major effect on electricty consumption, I did the engery auditing for a
major airport and the consumption in the rented office space went up year
on year due to the increased use of computers and other office equipment.