Old 16-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Derryl

Hi Ed

Sand and claysoil - topsoil mixed makes concrete and would not be good
for your turf.

Aerate the lawn and topdress it with a good peatmoss. Why are you
keen on topdressing?

HI,

I intend to top dress my lawn with a sand/compost/top soil combination,
mainly sand as heavy clay.

Im going to use builders sand (from focus DIY store)as this seems finer
than sharp sand.

Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldnt, ie contains something not
good etc.

I cant think that it would as its dug out of a hole near Nuneaton.

I thought id just check as there is some excellent advice and knowledge
on this forum which ahas served me well.

Cheers

Ed