Old 17-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Dwayne

I would wait till fall, the leaves are gone and it is completely dormant.
Then I would prune off all but the main trunk and a couple of laterals. I
would dig the root ball as large as I could handle and see if I could get
some help moving it so I didn't damage it further. Plant it, water it, and
tie the laterals you left, to your wire or other support.

Good luck. Dwayne

"Merlin" wrote in message
I want to move a vine approx 4yrs old from a north/west facing wall to a
south/east facing wall (no other options) but I need to know when and
what I need to do with the vine before the move. It has been neglected
in its present position and has spread all over the place.
Do I cut it back to near ground level and move it.
Or take cuttings and start it again.
I must admit that I am not the best gardener but I want the vine to thrive
along the new fence.