Old 17-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Anncee Anncee is offline
Registered User

Default Foxtail lilies - help required please!

Hello, I'm new to the forum and would greatly appreciate a bit of help!

I recently planted some foxtail lilies for the first time. Now, each morning, I'm discovering that the earth around them has been dug up to expose the roots, which are gradually being broken off an devoured by some hungry creature.

There are scratch-like teethmarks in the discarded pieces of root, and this morning for the first time there were black, cat-like droppings by one of the plants.

Is this the work of a squirrel? I rarely see them where I live, and they've never tried to eat any of my other bulbs. Whatever it is, the eremurus roots are obviously highly attractive!

If anyone can advise on what to do I'd be extremely grateful - I really would like to see these lovely plants live to bloom next year!

Many thanks.