Old 17-09-2005, 12:07 PM
J Jackson

June Hughes wrote:
: In message , Sally
: Holmes writes
: David wrote:
: I know it won't help but I have exactly the same problem, incredible
: crop of pears this year, all a nice size and most dropping of the
: tree still hard. The high winds this week must have removed a hundred
: from the tree. We've lifted them and currently they are lying on the
: kitchen table while we figure out the next move......
:
: Pickled pears are delicious with ham. I use the recipe in Delia's Christmas
: book, but there are plenty around.
:
: I have the same problem as David and appreciate your suggestion. Having
: used Delia's Christmas book for years, I have never noticed pickled
: pears. Am off to have a go. We have so many hard windfalls that it is
: rather disheartening to think they are of no use.

Bottle them. gorgeous.