Old 08-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Warwick Michael Dumas

Default Eco' Disruption

Victoria Clare wrote in message 8.205...
"anton" wrote in
:

Then given that renewable costs about 5% more (with
regional variations) and your
original electric bill might have been 200 pounds, the statement is
equivalent to saying that (the actual bills for) electric heating
might cost you about 86 pounds more than gas. So it looks like I'm
guessing that electric is about 50% more expensive, if someone's gas
heating bill might be of the order of 170. Hmm, sounds reasonable.

All sounds very low for a house. Are you talking about a flat?

Well, my gas bill is actually closer the 250 mark but then I live in a
3-bed end of terrace with a boiler 20 years old, and many people live
in terraced or bungalow (though whether that applies to this ng I
don't know). Flats are certainly a lot less - I lived in a flat I
think it was 100 pounds a year - and that was a top-floor flat with a
British Gas contract I wasn't allowed to change! My electric bill is
160.

I'm not saying I'm positive it should cost less than 100 pounds
particularly, the point is it's not a very big chunk of anyone's
income.

170 quid to heat the house for a year? Or even 256 pa? If only...
I pay just under 100 quid a month for our Calor gas (heating and water
only). If electric is that much cheaper - where do I sign???

If that's not a kind of central heating then I expect it could indeed
work out very expensive - either that or you've got a very big house.

Warwick Dumas

www.members.tripod.com/ecuqe

"If Adolf Hitler were here today, they'd send a limousine anyway."
- the late Joe Strummer