Old 18-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Broadback

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

I am constructing a wild life pond, so purchased liner plus 2
underlays. Having carefully laid all three, placed some stones and
soil on the bottom I proceeded to fill. Unfortunately the "overlay
seems to want to float, and bellows up from the sides, though I keep
pushing it down with a pole it has a tendency to come back up again.
Any solutions please? admittedly every time I push it down it seems to
come up less, do I just need to keep persevering?

Overlay? There is nothing that goes over the pond liner itself. Maybe
I'm misunderstanding you.

I spent some time looking for help on the net with setting up a wild
life pond. A number of sources recommended placing underlay both above
and below the pod liner. that above is to protect it because soil and
stones are put in for a wild life pond. so it seems perhaps I was given
bad advice (2 of these from liner manufacturers). Well it is too late
now there is no way I can empty it and start again. Sigh. Oh well such
is life.