Old 18-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Dwayne

Or he might be receptive to the idea of a motion detection system to turn
the lights on.

Dwayne

"Steve Holzworth" wrote in message
In article k.net,
wrote:

Anything that punctures the bark by definition damages the tree and
is a potential path for disease / critters, though the odds are that the
tree will endure and adapt just fine. You may wish to consider
a hanging arrangement. -- Should you decide to sink screws into the tree,
there
are many commercial tree salve products available to seal the affected
area.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Hanging isn't really an option. Somebody
asked so...

One of my (good) neighbors has recently mounted a streetlight-style
light on the side of his house over his driveway. He has no windows on
that side of his house. Unfortunately, the light is not shielded in any
way, and sends light sideways in all directions, including into my
whole yard. I'm fairly sure the intent was security for the cars in his
driveway, so I'm going to see if he would be satisfied with some low
voltage floods pointing down on same from my yard. As such, the lights
need to have a pretty constant aim, thus hanging won't do in this case.
His driveway is tangent to my yard.

"Steve Holzworth" wrote in message

? Since it would be a light mass, would
small gauge wood screws into the trunk be OK, or will that damage the
tree?