Old 17-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Andy

"Gilly" wrote in message
Is it possible to successfully overwinter plants from my summer hanging
baskets, in a cold greenhouse? The plants are verbena tapien, bacopa,
diascia, brachyscome? These plants cost me a fortune, so I'd like to be
able to save them for next year, if possible.

Thanks.

The answer is yes for bacopa, diascia and brachycome, don't know about
verbena. In fact I leave Brachycomes and Diascia in the ground ( not a
hanging basket mind ) and they overwinter easily there ( near a wall ).
I'm in south Devon so not perhaps the harshest test they could have.

Andy.