Old 18-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Jay Hendry

Default Pruning a laurel

Hi

We have two laurels in our garden. Both have a reasonable "ball" shape but
are getting a bit big. I'd guess one is 15' to the top and other is about
10' When we moved in last year we cut both back with a long pole lopper
doing a branch at a time - but it proved to be back breaking and slow. She
who must be obeyed wants to keep the shape and I agree on that but I'm
looking for a less back breaking way of doing it

What do others use to prune these as they are broad leaved and would like
peoples comments on how they look if an electric hedge trimmer is used.

Many thanks

Jay