Old 18-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Mike

The only local business I'm aware of is B&Q, and although they could
probably do the compost, I'm not sure they can do much else - I will

resort
to them if necessary since they can also deliver large plant tubs. But

their
delivery rates are a bit of a sting, and I'm not entirely happy with their
performance {:v)

B & Q are fine for such as compost, sand, fences, pots, etc etc, but be very
careful of their plants. we opened our garden up earlier in the year and we
had some 'bare patches' which Joan wanted to fill and wanted some plants for
some hanging baskets. The quality of the plants were poor and had been
unattended and not watered properly :-((

SCATS is a great store, but is more geared to the farmer. Nevertheless the
stores themselves are a little Alladin's Cave :-)) Not sure about plants but
I expect they do seeds, BUT, you may have to buy by the Tonne bag ;-))

Hope that helps

Mike