Old 08-01-2003, 10:35 PM
mollymac

Default Hi there .....

A huge choice of healthy plants is what I'm really after, but an all round
package wouldn't go amiss either (ie. everything under one roof.) I can
find a supplier's list no problem, but it's personal recommendations I'm
really after. Thanks though.

Pam

2. Does anyone know what the best garden centre near Basingstoke is?

I'm
in Old Basing, have lived here just over 2 years, and have still not
discovered a really great one (for comparison, I'm thinking of Ayletts

on
the ring road nr. St. Albans, Hertfordshire, which always had a

fantastic
choice of plants).

Pretty good, but not so economical, but your right, the range *is*

extensive..
mind you they are a 'garden centre' as opposed to a nursery.. Good
Cafe and excellent selection of hardware/sundries as well.. Pig of an
approach road tho'!

Now for a decent nursery you cannot beat the Clockhouse in Endfield..
Bit further in to London (just inside the M25. ) but the best I know of
IMO.

As for Basingstoke. Have you tried searching the web for a suppliers
list.. Try somewhere like Martex etc..

Tehy he
http://www.google.com/search?client=...ntre%20basings
toke

For links to the above and more;-) As for an opinion of 'the best',
well its all relative really to what you like-)

//
Jim