Old 18-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

"rwwkv6" wrote in message
ups.com...
To the veteran Pumpkin Grower,

I'm going to be starting my first pumpkin patch this spring, and I'm
stocking up on all of the general 'how to's' I can get. Any suggetions,
or tricks of the trade would be great. Thanks.

Rob.

My father always swore that the big growers split the stem above the chosen
fruit, threaded a small piece of cotton rag through the split. The other
end of this strip of material was in a gallon jug of water. This, he said,
fed the fruit a direct and steady supply of water to plump it up.

shrug I never tried it but I still might some day.