Old 18-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Rodney Pont

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:12:42 +0100, Broadback wrote:

Overlay? There is nothing that goes over the pond liner itself. Maybe
I'm misunderstanding you.

I spent some time looking for help on the net with setting up a wild
life pond. A number of sources recommended placing underlay both above
and below the pod liner. that above is to protect it because soil and
stones are put in for a wild life pond. so it seems perhaps I was given
bad advice (2 of these from liner manufacturers). Well it is too late
now there is no way I can empty it and start again. Sigh. Oh well such
is life.

As I see it you now have two choices. You can either pull the
over-underlay out or buy a bag of gravel and just throw handfuls in
around the pond after pushing it down. Some of the smaller plants may
use it to root in and it may make it easier for frogs to climb out.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont