Old 18-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Jason Teagle

B & Q are fine for such as compost, sand, fences, pots, etc etc, but be
very
careful of their plants. we opened our garden up earlier in the year and
we
had some 'bare patches' which Joan wanted to fill and wanted some plants
for
some hanging baskets. The quality of the plants were poor and had been
unattended and not watered properly :-((

SCATS is a great store, but is more geared to the farmer. Nevertheless the
stores themselves are a little Alladin's Cave :-)) Not sure about plants
but
I expect they do seeds, BUT, you may have to buy by the Tonne bag ;-))

No problem on the plants, wouldn't trust B&Q as far as I could spit {:v) I
bought my plants for next spring from Suttons Seeds (I prefer to grow from
seed / bulb for a fuller experience), bulbs from J Parker and so on. But
they only seem to offer a limited range of things like compost, and none of
the other things as far as I could see - shame. You'd think they'd have a
good range of the materials gardeners need to put their seeds in!

Hopefully SCATS will respond to my e-mail...

Regards,
Jason Teagle