Old 18-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Pam Moore contains these words:

Looking again, are the blackened leaves really green? If so, the black
is sooty mould. Is the tree infested with aphids? Aphids drop sticky
honeydew and the black mould grows on the honeydew. In that case treat
the aphids first. The leaves will soon be dropping anyway, so don't
bother too much this year but watch for aphids sooner next year.

Not uch use me looking ATM as my box is only working on 16-color - until
I get down to downloading the driver for my video card.

Scale insect also produces honeydew stuff which goes black and mouldy. I
had an avocado treelet which was infested, and the wasps were constant
visitors - until I sprayed the tree with garden insecticide. (Sybol)

Worked a treat. I gave it another dose to be quite sure, but never saw
another scaleything. I'm about to treat a friends small citrus tree with
it - it looks as if it was wet, and engulfed by a sootfall.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/