Old 19-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Lawrence

They're not really white or off-white nor are they waxy looking. They're
just little raised bumps on the skin, about a quarter of an inch in
diameter. Thanks for the response!

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi All,

Some goldfish (comets, I believe) in our pond have bumps on them. No
fish has more than one of them and there doesn't seem to be any common
place
for the bump to appear -- e.g., one fish has one on the side of his/her
head
above the gills, another has one along his lateral line down near his
tail.
The bumps don't seem to be related to mating or anything and they don't
seem
to bother the fish at all. The bumps don't look bad or infected or
anything
and they don't seem to be growing or spreading. Does anybody have any
thoughts about what this might be and if I should worry about it?

If they're white or off-white and kind of waxy looking they're probably
carp-pox, caused by a virus. I had a koi with pox some time ago but none

of
the other fish exposed to her became infected.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b