Old 19-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Daniel B. Martin

Steve Holzworth wrote:
For reasons I don't particularly want to get into, I'm considering
mounting some low voltage floods to some mature trees in my yard,
principally sweetgums and maybe an oak. What is considered a reasonably
good-for-the-tree way to do this? Since it would be a light mass, would
small gauge wood screws into the trunk be OK, or will that damage the
tree?

I suggest a method which "hugs" the tree without penetrating the bark.
Put a length of inexpensive dog tie-out chain around the tree with the
chain tensioned by a coil spring. I've got a few coil springs which
I'm willing contribute to the project.

Daniel B. Martin