Old 09-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Victoria Clare

Default Eco' Disruption

(Warwick Michael Dumas) wrote in
m:

170 quid to heat the house for a year? Or even 256 pa? If only...
I pay just under 100 quid a month for our Calor gas (heating and water
only). If electric is that much cheaper - where do I sign???

If that's not a kind of central heating then I expect it could indeed
work out very expensive - either that or you've got a very big house.

Calor gas heating is gas that comes by truck for those of us not lucky
enough to live within piping distance of a gas main. So it's gas central
heating, but with delivery costs. It's also a largish house with no cavity
wall insulation and only partial double glazing (I am working on these!).

Other people round here use solid fuel or oil-burners: these are cheaper
but the fumes affect me badly. I shall look into electric heating though!

Victoria