Old 19-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Default Use for old corn (recipe)

I never knew what to do when the corn got old and started getting tuff.
Thanks to my wife who hails from Central America, I have a great use.
We make chorreadas:
Pick and husk the corn, cut the corn off the cob and either grind in a hand
grinder (traditional method) or process in a food processor till it is quite
smooth.
Mix in a bit of salt.
Drop largish spoonfuls into a medium hot greased pan and cook. For me it
works out to 3 minutes on the first side and two minutes on the second side.
you will need to experiment to get it right.
We like to eat them with cheese, and I think sour cream would be good also.
I hope at least one of you tries this; they are pretty darn tasty.
Ken.

All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the
shores of beautiful Puget Sound.