Old 19-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Barna

Ok that's good advice.
Ill do that then, and i will wash it thoroughly again just in case.
Cant wait to stick it in.

thanks

I need some general advice.
I found a nice piece of wood by a river and thought it would look
nice in my aquarium. I took it home and thoroughly cleaned it with a
scrub brush. I then boiled the wood completely, making sure anything
alive on it would fry. I then scrubbed the wood again getting rid of
any loose bits off the branch. I then washed it in hot water.
The wooden branch looks to be dead, i dried it and there are no green
bits on the inside when i used a saw to cut off the end so it would
fit where i want it. I then left it alone for a few months,
forgetting about it. Recently i decided that i would change the
water in the aquarium. Question is, will it be ok to introduce this
wood into the aquarium now, or should i boil it again, or not put it
in at all?

It sounds ready for the tank, but I'd submerge it in a 5% bleach
solution (kept in the dark) for a couple days and then once it's dry
stick it in.