Old 19-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Jmagerl

Every year I try to grow pumpkins and every year I never get any. THe female
flowers don't seem to come until September even though I have plenty of
vines. I've planted seed at one week intervals from May1 to June 15
(thinking it was a soil temp thing) but no luck. I've started the plants
indoors, no luck. WHat gives? Chicago area

"sarab" wrote in message
oups.com...
My daughter's "Highlights for Children" magazine has an article about
growing giant pumpkins. Best advice in it - bury each leaf joint so
that new roots will form to help feed the giant pumpkin.

This is going for size, and removing all but one pumpkin per vine.