Old 19-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Charlie Pridham

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Mike

There is no water course - it's a self-contained pond. I am using a
butyl-like liner so I would hope there would be no leakage.

Will

Banking will be fine if broad enough.
For edging it is important to get it right and you need to mark out the
level very carefully, I have found a long length of clear plastic tube
containing water with a few spots of food dye very useful for larger more
natural style ponds, using pegs. To hide the edge of a lined pond
successfully the liner must go under then up the back of what ever edging
you choose (not just under as that will leave liner showing whenever the
level falls a couple of inches) you want the water level to be about half
way up the edging, also bear in mind that some sort of beach or sloping exit
may be advantageous.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk