Old 19-09-2005, 04:03 PM
dc

"Barna" wrote in news:432e86f9$0$22808$afc38c87
@news.optusnet.com.au:

It sounds ready for the tank, but I'd submerge it in a 5% bleach
solution (kept in the dark) for a couple days and then once it's dry
stick it in.

Ok that's good advice.
Cant wait to stick it in.

Keep in mind that anything that isn't aged bogwood has a very high
propensity to rot after a few months, no matter how you treated it. Bleach
won't kill the wood eating microorganisms deep within the wood, only years
of oxygen starvation buried under a bog will do that.

Personally I would never let bleach near my aquarium, but if you go that
route make sure to rince it really really well and let it dry THOUROUGHLY
afterwards. Even a little bleach will be much more toxic to your fish,
plants, and biological filter than anything the wood could have introduced
to your tank otherwise.