Old 19-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Travis

Yes, I realize they need shade and they will get plenty of shade.

I have decided to plant them as soon as I receive them. Hopefully
that will give them enough time to establish their roots before the
winter.

I do have another question. I have been reading various sites on
planting bamboo and there are some conflicting advice. Some sites
say you should not fertilize immediately while other sites say you
should. So should I fertilize if I am going to plant the bamboo in
the fall?

Bamboo is a grass. Lawns are best fertilized in the fall. I fertilize
my bamboo in the fall.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington