Old 19-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Well this is just the darnest thing. The bubbles are going away now. Its
starting to get hot out there.
I went ahead and tested my water.

Water test
Amonia 0
Nitrate and Nitrites 0
Total Hardness 85
Alkalinity 130
ph 8.0

Thanks Jan. I was a little worry with Mr. Winter right around the corner.
But it don't really get cold here until nov.
Pond don't really smell. I smell more dog poop than fish. hahahaha I have a
Rottweiler.
Priss

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none
floating
at least.

How are the fish, does the pond smell fishy? This is when a skimmer is
very
helpful.

Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them. Thanks, Priss

It is better to do the repair now while the fishes' immune systems are up
and working than to wait till spring (assuming the foam isn't Mr. Bubble).
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~