Old 19-09-2005, 06:59 PM
~Roy

I have seen one pond with a carpet underliner, EDPM liner and more
pieces of carpet laid on the top of the liner with the pretext it
would give more area for silt and dirt etc to accumulate wo plants
wold spread and grow out of...This was not too deep a pond (less than
18" or so IIRC, and it was mainly intended as a small bog and wildlife
setup and the hopes things would grow and accumulate that it would
become a sort of marsh. The carpet over the top of the liner was also
supposedly so the owner could easily (yea right) pull it out and
remove most of what was accumulated and growoing in there if they
decided to change to a total fish pond later on.....Ever try and pull
or lift out detrius and mulm laden wet carpet...........

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:40:35 +0000, sean mckinney
wrote:

===
===re floating liner OVERlay
===
===I would and did use sand as an overlay, the pond works fine. I would
===suggest lifting the material over lay and replace it with sand

"The original frugal ponder"