Old 20-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Bill Stock

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
The regulator shouldn't have to be screwed real real tight as from
personal experience on the dodgy Macca's/coca cola suplied thin red
rubber/plastic(fibre?) washers, too tight screws them up and you'll end up
with a gushing leak and possible regulator damage, same with the little
yellow plastic ones. Tighten them just so it's fairly firm but not
realllly tight. I'm almost on my second year for a 9kg tank and tunze
regulator.

Thanks, I've seen fibre, nylon and Teflon listed. Are the yellow ones
Teflon?

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I just had my 20# CO2 cylinder filled up two weeks ago and the damn thing
is empty again!

I used the plastic washer (1) AND Teflon tape to be on the safe side. I
put the regulator on REAL tight, dumped the whole thing in the bathtub
and filled the tub with water to just above the fill pipe. I opened the
valve all the way and rolled the tank around a bit, being careful to keep
the gauges and solenoid out of the water. No sign of leaks.

So WTF is going on? Leaky solenoid, leaky gauge, sudden depressurization,
VERY leaky hose? Any help appreciated.