Old 09-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Norman Tulloch

Default Native Hedging

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:05:10 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

mark wrote:
Hi all im about to embark on a new project as im shortly moving house, and
the garden is much to be desired, I have come to the conclusion that I
really would like to create a habitat that is beneficial to the local
wildlife, my first decision is to plant up a Native hedgerow, the length of
which will be around 52meters, I would like to plant it as a double hedge,
but with so much choice as to what sort of native plants to put in the hedge
im beginning to get a little lost,

There's a web site, I can't recall the name, which allows you to put in
a postcode and you get a list of native plants for that area.

Janet,

I think you are referring to "The Postcode Plants Database" at

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/science/projects/fff/

Norman Tulloch