Old 20-09-2005, 04:58 AM
Steve

Wayne Jones wrote:
Thanks for your comments.
If I am getting grapes from the original rootstalk then I guess the plant is
kaput no?
I did find that originally the canadice grapes were very mild tasting but
this year's tasted much like a concord. However, the grapes didn't all have
seeds so it must be a cross pollination problem. However again ,you say you
are getting seeds too so maybe it's the result of that hot summer we had.
hard to come to a conclusion eh ;-)

I think I'll get rid of the steuben and see how the canadice turns out then.
Wayne

If you do get rid of the Steuben, that will open up space to plant a
really good seedless variety such as Vanessa or Reliance.

Steve